Guided Tours of the area*:
*specific tours and guides are not endorsed by or associated with the Torrey Schoolhouse B&B Inn
Bill Christiansen, geologist and teacher,
offers guided tours in the areas of Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon, Zion Park, Grand Canyon, Arches, Moab, and the Colorado River. An award-winning instructor, Bill has conducted many science excursions to the national parks of Utah, as well as other locations as from the Grand Canyon to Yellowstone. He has presented at local and international meetings on the Geology of Utah, and has degrees in Anthropology and Geology from the University of Utah. He has taught Geology, Physics, and Astronomy.
“I'll design a tour to emphasize the sites and locations you are interested in. If you are interested in fossils, I'll take you to locations where you'll observe dinosaur bones, petrified wood, and even find the elusive Gryphaea Newberii. If you are interested in Archaeology, your tour will include pictographs, petroglyphs, granaries, and campsites of the Fremont and Anasazi Indians. All tours are designed to suit your interests and fitness level, and includes information on rocks, animals and plant life.”
The following is a list of topics or activities that can be emphasized on your tour:
- Rocks, minerals, fossils, landforms (arches, hoodoos, etc.), structures (faults and folds) Rock art, Fremont and Anasazi sites
- Plants, birds, water (lakes, streams, water falls), fishing, boating, whitewater rafting
- Photography, painting
- Slot canyons, sand dunes, favorite hikes, biking, eating, horseback riding
- Local outlaw history of the Wild West
- Amazing sites, fantastic overlooks
- Astronomy of the night sky
Guided Tour Photo Gallery
Contact Bill Christiansen at (801) 582-7245 for more information on guided tours of the area.